I think we can both agree that finding a great wedding photographer can be a tough task. My aim here is to make it super easy for you to see if we’d be a great fit, and provide you with all the information you’ll need about wedding photography.
Weddings are such an exciting celebration of love and commitment. As you prepare for the most romantic day of your life, you’ll want to be confident that all of your little moments are captured to relive throughout the years.
I’m Jackson Tyler Eddy, award winning wedding photographer, and the owner of A Frame Forward Photography. I’m so grateful to have been able to capture some truly amazing couples on their big days and I would be honored to photograph your Minneapolis wedding, adventurous elopement, or destination wedding. If you value art, creativity, and like to have a little fun, then I might just be your guy. I don’t just show up and snap a bunch of pictures and do what everyone else is doing. I’m here to create art based on your love, and to tell your wedding day story in a beautiful way. No one else is like the two of you, and I want your images to follow suit.
Minneapolis & Beyond
There are so many beautiful wedding venues in and around Minneapolis. From Aria to Camrose Hill, Mill City Museum to Aster Café and to the countless other hotels, barns, and gardens. These Minneapolis wedding venues provide beautiful backdrops for glowing couples.
While I love photographing locally in Minneapolis, I also photograph worldwide. If you are planning a destination wedding, or an adventurous elopement, you can count on me to be there. I will provide high quality photography services wherever it is you choose to say “I do.” I have photographed couples in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, San Diego, Greece, Paris, Turks & Caicos, all over Mexico, and many other destination locations.
Choose the venue that suits you. From there, rest at ease and leave it to me to capture your moments in all the beauty the venue has to offer.
Artistic Images Every Step of the Way
You don’t want generic wedding photos that look like everyone else’s. By choosing A Frame Forward Photography, you identify that you value true artistry and that you want something different. You can trust that you’ll be getting gorgeous photos that tell your unique story.
I will work closely with you to learn more about who you are and what you’re looking for in your wedding photos. This will provide me with the chance to get a better understanding of the artistic angle to take with your photos. The best way that happens is during an engagement session. Luckily, I always include an engagement session with all of my wedding photography packages. It adds so much to the wedding day experience when we’ve gotten to know each other a little bit, shared some laughs, and have already created some really cool images together. An engagement session can also provide you with photos to include in your wedding invitations, save-the-dates, on your wedding website, or for a guestbook at your reception.
I guarantee that your photos will be beautiful and I’ll take the time to capture your personalities as well as the love that you have for each other. You will love having these high-quality photos to share across your social media platforms, to hang in your home, or in a treasured wedding album.
All of the Moments Captured
There are a lot of little moments during your wedding day – moments that you probably haven’t even thought about. Fortunately for you, it’s second nature for me as I’ve photographed hundreds of weddings and I know what to be on the lookout for, and I’m always locked in and camera ready.
There are a ton of images to be captured before the ceremony even begins. Each couple has a different story, and a unique approach and vision, while usually sprinkling in some elements of tradition too, but keeping it uniquely their own.
I’ll share below a simple general breakdown of how a typical day of wedding photography will go, start-to-finish, that should also help you with your wedding day timeline planning. Like I mentioned above, each wedding is unique but this is a pretty common timeline of wedding photography coverage.
- Getting Ready: Typically I’ll arrive during the getting ready portion of the day, hopping back and forth between the guys and girls while they do their hair, makeup, drink mimosas and laugh it up. A bride summed it up well in her glowing review where she wrote that I’m “present but unobtrusive” capturing all of the little moments. This may include details shots like the wedding dress, rings, shoes, flowers, sentimental additions, gift exchanges, a parent pinning a corsage, or finishing the final loops on the back for the brides wedding dress as she gets into before the big moment that lies ahead. These little moments happen in the blink of an eye and I want to make sure that they are captured beautifully for you.
- First Look and Wedding Portraits: Doing an intimate first look (sometimes called a reveal) prior to the ceremony is one of my favorite parts of the day. When brides & grooms share that private moment of seeing each for the first time it is truly special. It also greatly helps the logistics of the day as you can then take all of the different portrait images before the ceremony. Photos of the bride & groom together, with their wedding party, and with their family. The only reason not to do a first look is if you’re really into the old tradition of seeing each for the first time as you walk down the isle. I’d estimate that 9 out of 10 of my couple opt for the first look.
- The Ceremony: Wedding ceremonies vary greatly these days depending upon generation, culture, personal preference, etc. Whichever kind of ceremony fits you it will be shot in the same present but unobtrusive fashion, capturing all of the big and small moments in between.
- Cocktail Hour: The cocktail hour is a great opportunity for brides & grooms to have a good time with their wedding party and take some some fun pictures while their guests enjoy each other over drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
- Dinner & Speeches: This can involve a grand entrance, and many wonderful meal courses, followed by speeches and the bride & groom walking table to table chatting with all of their nearest and dearest…and those people that your Mom made you invite too. 😉
- Sunset Session: I highly recommend working this into your wedding day timeline as it is a very special moment for both the couple and I. Photographically, the golden hour, right around sunset, is the most beautiful and flattering natural light where we can make some truly breathtaking images. For the couple, this might be their first quiet time away from all the hustle & bustle (no pun intended) of the wedding day. And of course everyone loves a good sunset, snuggled up with their love, especially on the evening of their wedding day.
- First Dance and Party Time: This is where the serious action begins and is one of my favorite parts of the day. I highly enjoy capturing all the fun and action on the dance floor when people really let loose and cut a rug.
Wedding Photography Experience
People don’t realize that you’ll be spending more time with your photographer on your wedding day than with any other person. This makes it imperative to choose someone who is easy to get along with, and fun to be around. You can count on me as a positive & calming force throughout the day. I want your experience to be just as great as the wedding photos. As a wise man once said, a photograph is only as good as the moment it captures. I want your images to warm your heart, make you laugh, and even make you cry. When you’re sitting and reminiscing together in your 80’s I want your images to bring you back to the feelings, moments, tastes and smells…and remember all the great people who shared in your big day. Your wedding day will fly by, but these photos will last forever, and want them to be so much more than just “cheese”.
Packages begin at $3,000 with the average investment of around $5,000. An engagement session is always included.
All wedding photography packages include hi resolution digital images that are yours to print and share as you wish.
I’ll be with you every step of the way as your single point of contact throughout the entire process with easy and prompt email/text/phone/live chat access. If logistics allow we can meet for tea or something stronger too.
Special pricing for winter, non-Saturday, and destination weddings.
Please contact me for more detailed information.
One thing that sets me apart in the wedding photography world is my high level of awareness, intuition, and the ability to read people and moments. This allows me to help navigate any given situation towards a positive outcome. I also get along with just about everyone.
Having photographed so many weddings now I have some serious firsthand knowledge about what works good and what doesn’t and I’m always happy to help during the planning process so feel free to use me as an expert resource along the way.
Wedding budgets can escalate quietly but even if you don’t hire me please don’t leave your wedding photos to chance. Try to cut corners elsewhere instead of with the wedding photography. Besides the marriage, the wedding photos are the only thing that will last forever. Be sure to hire a photographer who has a proven track record of capturing breathtaking images, while simultaneously receiving glowing 5-Star reviews from clients. I would love to be that photographer for you, and I invite you to browse the thousands of photos I have captured for other couples. Whether you get married in Minnesota or anywhere else in the world, I would love to be there for your wedding day.
Learn more about Minneapolis wedding photography by contacting me at A Frame Forward Photography today.
These Aster Cafe wedding photos are among my favorite that I've had the honor to capture here in Minneapolis over the last 8 years. Jade & Adam's Star Wars themed wedding (on May the 4th be with you) was fun, classy, and also very touching. Their beloved Yorkie, Ted,...
Liz and Nicco celebrated their big day in style with an elegant black tie wedding in San Francisco, at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental Hotel, a historic wedding venue. The bride and groom exchanged vows in front of 150 friends and family before moving onto the...
The location was almost as cool as this couple. Em & Matt and I had an awesome engagement session in Minneapolis where they live and as you can see below they topped that with their destination wedding on Sapodilla Bay in Turks & Caicos. They did it right with their...